Thursday, August 16, 2007

Soul Riot

Currently playing this CD which came free with Mojo magazine many years ago - track details here. Eddie Giles - Losin' Boy currently playing - "I'm Like Ray Charles / I Guess I Was Born To Lose / 'Cos I Lost You" - real simple but soulful and one of those mid tempo tracks shufflers I was into many years ago but haven't played for a long time. I think it came out originally on Murco before finding its way onto Stax a few years later.

Not sure if this CD is available elsewhere these days - generally funky and southern in tone, but none the worse for that. Great live version of "Green Onions"and Camille Yarborough's "Take Yo' Praise" which became better known via Fatboy Slim "Praise You", Eddie Floyd's "Big Bird" as covered by The Jam (see "Dig The New Breed" live LP)

Enjoy...

No comments: