Wednesday, October 24, 2007

If This Is Love...

(I'd Rather Be Lonely) - The Precisions...

I'd copied this from my Drew single onto my MP3 and it came on midway through a gym session and what a track. Not heard this for years. Dramatic intro, great harmonies and vocal crescendo a bit like The Valentinos' "Sweeter Than The Day Before" - certainly gave me a kick in the gym...also found out today that, apparently, tambourine was played by Lou "I Travel Alone" Ragland - see here

Other gym highlights have included forgotten (by me) oldie Herbert Hunter "I Was Born To Love You" plus much of Sue Story Vol. 3 (Jimmy McGriff Last Minute, Intentions Dancing Fast, Dancing Slow and the wonderful Jackie Day Before It's Too Late)



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Phil, I'm partial to the rather groovy version of If This Is Love (I'd Rather Be Lonely) by Geno Washington, whom, incidentally, I saw perform a couple of weeks ago in Birkenhead. Thoroughly nice chap even signed my CD for me. Keep on keepin on, Spence