Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Atlantic R&B CDs

Whilst having a little browse in a local branch of a well-known chain I came across a CD entitled Atlantic R&B Volume 2. I thought I'd check out the series on Amazon and you can see the results from this to Atlantic R&B . Running from 1947 through to the mid-70s this series contains a high number of classics you probably already own. However at the time of writing they were coming in at £3-33 each, which seems fine value to me - plus free delivery on all UK orders over £15. The first volume include Willis Jackson "Gator's Groove". If I remember correctly this artist also recorded "Later for Gator" (or similar) which I think was one of the early jump blues played at Jamaican sound systems which then formed the basis of Ska. I stand to be corrected on this latter point...

Anyway, have a look at this series and you'll also find other recommendations along a similar vein from other Amazonians - enjoy

No comments: