Monday, May 01, 2006

Funky 16 Corners Blog

Whilst browsing for Johnny Otis "Watts Breakaway" (I can't find my Epic seven) I came across this blog. I've not had a chance to look properly but it seems this guy posts up details of his soul and funk singles and biogs about the artists. I just listened to his link to Dean Cortney "Rubber Neckin'" (not the Elvis tune...) and that is seriously down home southern funk and on Verve - nice

As a complete aside I had the media player on random and was listening to Mongo Santamaria doing a nice boogaloo / latin version of Booker T's "Hip Hug Her", which I picked up on Latin Dance Party Vol 2:

2 comments:

Phil65 said...

We always like to take sensible requests - as you know! Remind me next time and I'll see what I can do (still can't find my single copy though...)

Phil65 said...

Just to note that this Blog has recently moved to:

http://funky16corners.wordpress.com/