Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Kent Records - 30 years young

I'm probably not the only one of my generation for whom Kent opened up a world of rare 6Ts and Northern Soul (and 70s!), from "For Dancers Only" through to "Mecca Magic" and beyond Kent have given me untold hours of musical pleasure. So the following release on the 30th anniversary of that seminal first release is scheduled for later in October - entitled Kent 30:

As is customary with Kent releases there will be a selection of ultra rare / never released alongside some quality tunes which will probably now be classified as oldies. It includes evergreen faves such as "The Magic Touch" and "It's Torture". Some of my personal faves are Chuck Jackson "Millionaire", Johnny Maestro "Steppin' Out" and O C Tolbert "Shootin High". This looks to be, a bit like the purple vinyl of Kent 50 many moons ago, a quality summary of what's gone before in the annals of Kent Records

Cheers Mr Croasdell (and others) for introducing me to some top notch music over the years, both by way of your releases and when I used to frequent the 100 Club. From those days in the late 80s / early 90s here's another one of my face mid tempo tunes but done by Lou Johnson rather than Roy Hamilton, also on this CD - enjoy:


No comments: