Thursday, January 24, 2008

Current MP3 Playlist...

Over the years I've copied singles and LP tracks to CDR to increase the number of tracks per lb (or kg if you're under 30!) I can carry to gigs - not that fussed these days to be seen to be playing original vinyl and our crowd don't seem to care either

Anyway, a few years ago I MP3'd a number of the comps I'd made up and I currently have these playing whilst browsing t'internet. As usual when I do this sort of thing there are tunes I'd forgotten about. So far:

Alice Clark - You Hit Me (Right Where It Hurt Me)

Playing now Andre Williams - Do The Popcorn (on the Action label I think - not dug the vinyl out for a while - great stuff - google suggest Cadet label but I may have a British?)

Now up - Apostles - Six Pack - smoking funky hammond - that I havn't played for years - and now Apostles "Soulful" which I think I got on one of the great Luv n Haight funk n soul comps out many years ago out of San Francisco - probably the "Soulful" compilation shouldn't wander - also now on CD

Astors - Candy - sweet male harmonies (on the letter A I love the Artisitics for similar reasons - sweet harmonies, not 'cos they start with an A...)

As you can gather I'm running through alphabetical artist on the MP3s - didn't mention the Action, Alexis Korner, Aztecs, Andantes or Alvin Cash...

Coming up for my delectation Baby Face Willette "Face To Face" which I lifted from my chunky vinyl Blue Note LP - fantastic organ. Also on a Blue Note comp I have no doubt - several probably such as this one:



Barbara Lynn - Some Day We're Gonna Love Again

Barry Barefoot Beefus - Barefoot Beefus - ***ing awesome RnB - I know nowt about this barefooted mohair suited dude - have this on a Loma compilation - from memory there were seven and luckily I have the lot...seen this vol3 advertised for 20 quid - I think it was or is a Warner Brothers subsidiary

That's enough for now as the Beat Merchants "Messin With The Man" rings out

No comments: